2006-03-30

today's tedium: "access denied" on ASP.NET recompile

OK, today's tedium was a fairly frequently described problem regarding occasional "Access denied" messages on recompiling ASP.NET 1.1 applications. Very tedious as it sometimes necessitate a reboot. I've had to put up with this for about a year now. Now, I swear I have researched this problem frequently and found anti-virus programs fingered as the likely culprit, as in Junfeng Zhang's blog entry, which at least taught me a lot about how to use FileMon to debug certain kinds of errors - and it was activity from Microsoft's Index Server logged in the FileMon log which prompted me to find this canonical MS solution which has it down . Kick myself again from not searching KnowledgeBase first - the answer is SOMETIMES there! Maybe this post will save someone else from the same problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home